Ayan Infotech are looking for a Data Modeller for a long term contract job opportunity in Port Macquarie, NSW.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
This will be a Work From Home position for now.
Title: Data Modeller
Location: Work from home (Port Macquarie)
Type: Contract (6 months + possible extensions)
Required Skills and Experience:
In this role, you will apply best practice data modelling standards, practices, techniques, and methodologies to create and maintain physical data models to underpin new Azure based Data Platform. Based on provided business requirements you will produce data models, data definitions and data mappings. The main deliverable will be to build the Raw Data Vault and Business Vault Data Models for new data platform.
You will be required to perform the key tasks:
- Be responsible for the development of physical data models in alignment with Enterprise conceptual, and logical models
- Provide input into the Enterprise conceptual, logical data models as required.
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
- Convert source system data models into Data Vault models for both Raw and Business Vault
- Create and maintain data dictionary documents, table and data lineage models and produce artifacts to support project development
- Collaborate with other project teams to ensure alignment and consistency with data models across the whole data platform.
- Collaborate closely with business and technical service owners & architects to elicit requirements, designs, and develop reports and data models that best fits the users' needs
- Work across technical teams who support and administrator the existing legacy platforms to elicit and document the current and future state requirements.
- Define, mentor project members and champion sound Data Design Principles, Frameworks and Best Practices with respect to Data Modelling Design, Cube Designs, Use Case definition etc.
- Reverse-engineer legacy systems in order to develop the data model designs and approaches.
- Define and create Design Documents, Support Guides, Handover documentation.
- Perform data profiling and analysis
- Experience with data architecture, data modelling, data warehouse design and data lake concepts and practices including data structure, data operation, data management and governance
- Knowledge and experience with Data Vault 2.0 methodology
- Knowledge and experience with Star Schema definition
- Good knowledge of metadata management for data modeling
- Exposure working in a Microsoft Azure Data Platform environment, or equivalent
- Excellent communication, presentation, elicitation and documentation skills
- Translate business requirements into data solutions, physical data modes aligned to conceptual and logical reference data models
- Sparx Enterprise Architect for Data Modelling
- Delta Lake
- Azure Analysis Services - tabular data models
- Knowledge of IEC CIM data models
- Knowledge of the Utilities Industry
- Exposure working with Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage (Blob or Data Lake), Databricks, SQL Azure DB, SQL Azure DW, Azure Synapse, Master Data Services
- Good working experience with Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
Contact: 02 9412 4178 for more details.