Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirment for an Informix DBA for a 1 year contract in Sydney.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: Informix DBA
Type: Contract (12 months + extension)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Able to Administer, support and maintain all Informix IDS version 12.x, 11.x and 10.x
- Monitoring of database activity and performance.
- Create, update and document database configuration - to perform tasks like Health Checks, Extent growth of an Instance
- Tune databases, as required, to ensure optimal performance and response time.
- Perform migrations, conversions, and data reorganizations of databases, as needed.
- DB Copy/Creation, Chunk Management
- Define backup and restore strategy
- Expertise in restore / recovery procedures (eg - DB Corruption)
- Database refresh (Prod to Dev, QA)
- Working in HDR/ER and other cluster environment
- Plan the instance upgrade, migration and patching of Informix Database systems
- Plan and manage space allocations, Gather statistics on database usage and Set up automated alerts and reporting.
- Proactively analysis the performance and tuning recommendation
- Develop database re-usable components - Automation
- Develop data purging, archival management methods and best practices
- Capacity Planning
- OS level activities related to database tasks and Linux administration
- Coordinate and work with vendors for bug fixes and major incident resolution
- Prepare and Maintain Standard Operating Procedure for all activities
- Proactive identification of risks and mitigation of the same
- Technical presentation on emerging technologies.
- Foresee the need for newer technology based trainings on customer needs and provide suggestions for such trainings to Project Manager.
- Technical and Process guidance to L2 and L1 DBA - Mentoring
- Provide 24x7 and on call support for critical application databases
- Strong installation and database administration experience on Informix Database V12.x, 11.x and 10.x
- Experience installing and configuring IBM Informix products and tools.
- Proficiency with IBM Informix database tools and utilities.
- Experience in Backup and Recovery operations using various backup and restore methods.
- Expertise in SQL tuning and debugging.
- Strong performance tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Experience on OS, Storage, Network and Virtualization activities
- Handled database estate of various technologies (Sybase, Oracle, MySQL and UDB DB2)
- Certification on Primary Technology and Cloud
- Knowledge on Open Source DB
We will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you in advance.