Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirement for a SQL DBA for a very long term contract job opportunity in Sydney CBD.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: SQL DBA
Type: Contract (6 months to start with, long term outlook)
Location: Sydney CBD
Experience Range: 5-8 years of SQL DBA experience
Required Skills and Experience:
The Enterprise Data Management team is responsible for:
- Delivering trusted, high quality data and information management capabilities that seamlessly meet business and customer needs.
- Advocating and advancing a data driven organisational culture across the enterprise
- Delivery and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Strategy, including underlying capabilities
- Enterprise information management and data quality
- Strategic business project delivery of data capabilities
- Providing a platform for data innovation and experimentation to support our business
Purpose of the role
- Maintain and manage IT databases and interrelating systems
- Provide technical solutions, reviews and support the release and operationalization of application or database change
- Ensure IT environments are standardised, secure and patched to the highest standards
- Provide incident, problem, service request, security and risk management
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to ensure IT systems, services and underlying IT environment / infrastructure remains relevant and robust
Delivery of projects and enhancements
- Support the development and delivery of IT solutions and application / database change
- Put in place continuous improvement initiatives to ensure IT systems, services and the underlying IT environment remains relevant and robust
- Establish and maintain partnering relationships with the business, vendors, other teams and third party vendors / suppliers ensuring all parties work towards the success of the business
Main focus areas
- Install, configure, administer and tune Microsoft SQL Server instances / databases and other software technologies
- Evaluate, develop / script database changes, build and maintain database tools and procedures
- Remain abreast of database technologies and solutions
- Support releases and testing efforts, manage application and database migrations
- Perform health checks, security audits and reviews
- Document operational procedures and solutions
- Research and resolve issues
- Provide on-call support
- Establish, refresh / upgrade, configure and maintain IT environments, provide capacity management and planning
- Build and manage relationships across a variety of stakeholders including internal customers, vendors and partners
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, cross-skilling and collaborative knowledge sharing with a focus on innovation, automation and process
Drive for Results
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to deliver performance and results across all areas of the function. They will continually look for ongoing efficiencies and implement new ways of working that deliver optimum outcomes for both the business and the customer.
We will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you in advance.