Ayan InfoTech has an urgent and immediate requirement for Azure SQL DBA for a contract role in Melbourne.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Project Role: Azure SQL DBA
Duration: 6 Months + Extension
Role and Responsibilities
- Implement and advocate Azure/SQL best practices and optimizations across a complex continually evolving Azure/SQL Server environment
- Manage Azure subscriptions and resources and implement Azure IaaS/PaaS resources across Application Resource Groups
- Analyse, predict, and resolve database, system, storage and application issues, working with all levels of technology within and across multiple Clouds
- Manage deployments, design, debug, and optimization of Azure Cloud services across several application team environments spread across numerous subscriptions spanning multiple regions
- Design and implement Azure Automation, ARM Templates, DevOps, CICD
- Develop detailed solution cost/budget requirements for Azure Cloud implementations to Configure and manage virtual networks
- Manage identities
- Understand complex SQL Server designs to share ownership and optimize a mix of on-prem physical and Azure IaaS/Paas SQL Server environments
- Drive forward new innovative SQL/Azure features and functionality
- Support several highly active custom application and software development groups in controlled, audited Dev/Test/Prod/DMZ/DR environments
- Maintain and improve DR strategy, design, and implementation
- Support extensive DTS, SSIS, and Azure Data Factory Integrations
- Monitor SQL job failures, debugging, root cause analysis, debug/fix, documentation and escalation of priority performance issue resolution
- Database Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), troubleshooting and optimizing T-SQL code, Views, and
- Engage in continuous process, technology learning and improvement
- Responsible for development of stored procedures, triggers and ETL scripts
- Expert in T-SQL coding, and assist application developers in tuning their database code.
- Perform T-SQL code reviews during key points of the SDLC and enforce compliance with T-SQL coding standards
- Write data conversion code for several projects in a monthly release cycle
- Maintain the database tools and systems through best practices
- Create highly scalable transactional database schemas utilizing data modelling discipline with an understanding of normalization, de-normalization, and the difference between the two
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or solid experience preferred.
- 5+ years in Azure Cloud Platform. Specifically in Azure SQL DB, Azure SQL Datawarehouse, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory and Azure DevOps
- 10+ years experience in SQL Server database administration
- 10+ years of experience with database Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), troubleshooting and optimizing T-SQL code.
- 10+ years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- 10+ years of experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Highly proficient in SQL Server 2000-2017 implementation and administration, including SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Proficient in installing, configuring, migration, upgrading and patching SQL Servers
- Solid understanding of database recovery operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a team
- Willingness to work onsite in a professional business environment and off-site for after hours on-call activities.
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently
Contact: 0283280346 for more information.