Ayan Infotech is looking for a Data Engineer (Python, Data Science) for a contract job opportunity in Melbourne.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: Data Engineer (Python, Data Science)
Type: Contract (4 months + possibly extend)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical expertise regarding data models, data set assembly, data mining and segmentation techniques (incl. programming languages such as Scala and Python)
- Strong ability and experience to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata and workload management. The ability to work with both IT and business stakeholders in integrating data assets outputs into business process and workflows.
- At least 6 years or more of work experience in activities directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks (e.g. data set manufacturing, data analytics, data integration, modelling, optimisation and data quality).
- Strong experience in working with and optimising existing data integration and data preparation flows and helping to move them in production.
- Strong experience in working with both open-source and commercial products such as AWS S3, Kafka, AWS Redshift etc.
- An advanced degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field is preferred.
- Ability to prioritise time and resources in alignment with the over-arching business plan.
- Participation in continuous improvement procedures.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modelling tools, data mapping tools, data profiling, data visualization, analytical and statistical tools.
- Ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data to extract usable information.
- Develop, automate data pipelines and software solutions, that assemble data sets according to the specified data model.
- Work closely with CoE data architects and analysts on data set design to ensure the data sets can be assembled in reasonable time frame with reasonable effort.
- Propose actionable solutions for improvement such as revised or new data assembly frameworks, IT capability enhancements, training and documentation improvements.
Contact: 02 9412 4178 for more details.