AYAN InfoTech is looking for Data Engineers to join an exciting project based in Sydney & Melbourne. The role offers you the opportunity to contribute towards an extremely well structured and mature environment, working on sophisticated enhancement projects.
Role: Data Engineers
Location: Sydney & Melbourne
Contract Duration: 6+ Months with high possible extensions
Experience: 7+ Years
Role Purpose & Environment:
The Data Engineer will provide end-to-end delivery of data platforms solutions, from concept to operations, including design, build, test, implementation and operations. This requires responsibility for the full lifecycle of initiatives, in accordance with the strategic business objectives, and operating model.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the on-going design, build & operation of Telecom Data Platforms.
- DevOps role to support the data ingestion and processing capability requirements of several teams and squads.
- Depending on the delivery approach, operate under either an Agile or Waterfall methodology.
- Develop technical solutions to address business needs and operations targets, whilst creating and maintaining consistency and compliance with the corresponding architecture, security, and development standards and guidelines.
- Drive and participate in planning workshops and provide project estimates to the planning lead.
- Conducting cross domain planning, design, development and implementation analysis and workshops.
- Prepare high level or functional designs, detailed designs, develop code, testing and implementation artefacts, ensuring all prepared in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Develop corresponding documents as part of the delivery, governance, performance, life cycle, and capacity management process.
- Participate and contribute to the Data & Cloud guild design & architecture forums.
- Develop and document implementation plans for each release and ensure they can co-exist with other changes in the release window.
- Code management and version control.
- Manage production incidents and problems to resolution and close, including analysis, design, fix and implement.
- Provide Level 3 support for the Managed Service Provider as needed.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Software or Data engineering experience, particularly in a large scale, complex data & analytics function.
- Certification or working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD, Agile and Waterfall principles and methodologies.
- Experience with Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, AWS Cloud, Analytics, Reporting and/or Machine Learning
- Desirable experience includes data solutions & pipelines, SAS DI, Teradata, Cloudera, Sybase IQ, SQL Server, SAS CI, Airflow, Qlik, Business Objects, Data Modelling (Kimball, Data Vault), Microsoft BI Stack
- Understanding of business applications, interfaces and integrated operational environments
- Good understanding of Data Platforms, Data models and Reporting
- Very strong understanding of Telecom Data environments, and how it relates to business reporting and functions.
- Commercial focus, proven ability to drive strategy and value while managing Total Cost of Ownership in a cost constrained environment
Contact: 61-423336440 for more details.
Please note we will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates for this role. We thank you in advance for your interest.