Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirement for a Data Modeler for a long term contract job opportunity in Sydney.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: Data Modeler
Type: Contract (6 months + extensions)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Data Modelling
- Conceptual, logical (Entity Relationship) and physical data modelling.
- Data models review with both IT and business audiences, communicating how the model meets requirements of both existing projects and the overall information architecture and strategy and any relevant deficiencies and gaps.
- UML modelling using all of the following:
- Class diagrams
- Activity diagrams
- Sequence diagrams
- Component and package diagrams
- Analyse and translate current application and data landscapes and future business requirements into detailed logical data models.
- Strong metadata management (technical and business), incorporating metadata practices into all modelling activities.
- Data analysis
- Analysis of source system including database structures, semi-structured and unstructured data stores.
- Understanding and assessment of source system schemas; table structures and relationships, primary / foreign keys, indexing, etc.
- Determining reference data domains and ranges and relationship to transactional data.
- Data mapping and transformation
- Mapping of source data elements to target models and data schemas using detailed logical data models.
- Ability to work with source system SMEs to determine correct mappings, transformations and gaps.
- Analysis and documentation of source to target data lineage.
- Data Discovery and Data Quality Assessment
- Detailed analysis of source system data structures and content to assess "fitness for purpose".
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in data analysis and modelling against transactional and analytical systems.
- Experience in the use of data modelling tools and the management of data modelling repositories and solutions.
- Experience in using data profiling, using both automated tools and hand coded SQL to determine data quality metrics, constraints, etc.
- Experience in the delivery of large scale, information management, information governance and analytics solutions
- Working knowledge of Big Data, Data Warehouse, ETL/ELT and relational database management systems comprising of traditional databases (Teradata, Oracle) and cloud based platforms and solutions within AWS.
- Working knowledge of data governance frameworks, processes and technologies such as data catalogues and business glossaries.
- At least 5 years of data modelling and analysis experience.
- Business communication skills.
We will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you in advance.
Contact: 02 9412 4178