Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirement for a Database Engineer / Administrator for a long term contract job opportunity in Melbourne.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: Database Engineer / Administrator
Type: Contract (6 months + possible extension)
Required Skills and Experience:
As a Database Engineer you will provide subject matter expertise for the administration of production, pre-production, UAT and development database systems and assist with input on design of the database tier and operations for our Identity and Access Management platform.
Responsibilities will also include but not limited to:
- Represent Database Operations in High Severity Incidents
- Take lead support role as DBA to restore service
- Contribute to reduction in database related incidents
- Successful implementation of major changes into production and adherence to change management in timely manner
- Review performance of all database queries regularly and tune them to ensure consistent performance
- Application Volumetric & capacity projection using growth trend and further storage requirement considering archival, compression and purge.
- Archive, Purge periodically using the defined strategy
- Monitoring and reporting for databases - setup and manage on-going
- Extensive hands-on experience in Unix/RHEL, including automation and scripting - Ansible experience desirable
- Should be able to work on-call roster and shifts
- Oracle DB certifications and/or extensive experience in Oracle DBs
- Oracle12c, Exadata, MongoDB, EnterpriseDB and Redis
- Must have experience in managing large scale Database Environments, 10+ year experience in managing Oracle databases
- Scripting and automation experience is a must
- Desired Skills: Elastic Search, arangoDB, Enterprise DB and Cloud technologies
We will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you in advance.