Ayan Infotech has an immediate need for a DevOps Lead to take up an initial 6 month contract in Sydney, CBD. This contract is with a major State Government department who are to embark in an innovative program working with the latest technologies.
The DevOps Lead will be responsible for providing DevOps capability development and to produce a roadmap to reach the proposed capability targets. Automate and stabilize our environment deployments, CI/CD process and tools leveraging standard DevOps practices to support the team. You can expect to be challenged, while excited to be working with some of the most innovative and exciting technologies and methodologies. The culture within the team recognizes individuality yet encourages collaboration.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive DevOps support experience in production environments, including backup/recovery, monitoring, and alerting. (Preferably on AWS)
- 3-5 years' experience and excellent Systems administration skills
- Solid cloud experience with AWS core services (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Understanding of security principles and AWS best practices
- Good understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-code approach and exposure to AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
- Solid experiencing in building and maintaining Docker images
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Bamboo CI, AWS CodePipline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Development Kit, Troposphere.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, networking and protocols
- DDoS mitigation techniques / IPS-IDS / Web Application Firewalls
- Solid coding/scripting skills (Java, Python, bash)
- Understanding of Web and API development
- Solid understanding of source code control, preferably with Git Disaster recovery design and implementation
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools
- Ability to apply continuous improvement concepts based on industry best practices
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and wear multiple hats - an element of cost estimation is required to assist in pipeline management and planning
- Formal certifications and training relevant to the role highly regarded
- Formal IT qualifications highly regarded
- AWS Certifications preferred.
The rate on offer is $854 a day and there is strong potential for the contract to be extended.
If interested, click the 'APPLY NOW' button or email your CV.
Contact - 02 8448 8107