Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirement for an MSSQL Database Admin for a long term contract engagement in Sydney.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: MSSQL Database Admin
Type: Contract (6 months + possible extension)
Required Skills and Experience:
As a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator with the Database Services Development team, your key focus will be Design, Implementation, Configuration and Development of the MS SQL database platform. Strong attention to detail is a must, as is the ability to think outside the box. Working with internal and external partners, you will manage and improve existing systems, build new systems and work closely with the support team to ensure system stability.
What You'll Do:
- Database solution design, development and implementation.
- Document and follow database standards, policies and procedures.
- Database backup and recovery with third party backup tools
- Database performance optimisation and troubleshooting
- Provide security hardening to both servers and databases
- Database patching and upgrade
- Database migration and consolidation
- Maintain database metrics up to date
- Implement database alerting and monitoring
- Database capacity planning
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016/2017
- Solid database design and development skills
- Sound knowledge of Windows operating system.
- T-SQL, PowerShell.
- Excellent understanding of the High Availability technologies.
- Previous experience with complex database migrations / upgrades.
- Integration Services / Integration Services Catalog / SSIS configuration, development and migration.
- Advanced skills in database performance tuning and sql query optimisation.
Experience in the following areas would be highly regarded -
- Microsoft Certification on SQL server 2008/12/14/16/17
- MS SQL HA design and Implementation (compulsory).
- Other RDBMS technology
- Retail Experience
- Tertiary Qualification in IT / Computer Science or related discipline.
- SQL Server Analysis / SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Administering / Troubleshooting Active Directory / DNS
- Experience on SQL server Azure.
- DR technology solution and its implementation
- Multisite Always on cluster
- SQL server clustering
We will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you in advance.
Contact: 02 9412 4178 for more details.