Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirement for a Senior Business Analyst for a long term contract job opportunity in Sydney.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: Senior Business Analyst
Type: Contract (6 months + extension)
Location: Sydney CBD
Overview of the position:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join a newly established project to develop and improve our eftpos and eCommerce gateway in New Zealand. Being successful in this role will enable you to be part of a dynamic and capable technology team. Payment gateway processing is complex, but the outcomes and delivery can be deeply gratifying. We require someone who can analyze, design and document gateway solution requirements for the delivery of existing and future functionality changes. You will need an understanding of solutions from an end to end perspective and contribute to the improvement of business efficiency and productivity. You will provide product expertise, undertake process analysis, design and documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Payments industry knowledge.
- Understanding of the key principles of software development lifecycle (SDLC) including a working knowledge of delivery methodologies. Particularly agile (kanban and scrum).
- Understanding of a combination of microservice and traditional interfacing approaches (APIs, ISO messaging)
- Possesses sophisticated analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and ensure appropriate responses are taken.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven leader with skills of driving to continuously improving practices and methods within the team and wider organization.
- Knowledge of service management methods for supporting external parties in delivery and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs business and systems analysis activities for solution features as required by the team.
- Contribute to the delivery of quality and usable payments solutions to all users and external customers.
- Ensures key stakeholders are appropriately engaged and consulted around key decisions, trade-offs and direction taken.
- Establish, maintain and extend relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across the payments industry. Seeks to align NZ with other regional payment and product strategies within the group.
- Protect the financial integrity of all applications connected to the Verifone network.
- Elicit requirements from multiple sources by reviewing external specifications, using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases etc.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true requirements.
- Actively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: functional and non-functional documentation, user stories, acceptance criteria.
- Utilise your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Maintain a high level of engagement with the business
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with business representatives and other technical teams
- Work closely with others within the delivery team and assist and peer review where required.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of the development methodology
Contact: 02 9412 4178 for more details.