Ayan Infotech has an urgent and immediate requirement for a Senior Network SME for a long term contract job opportunity in Sydney.
All applicants must have full work rights in Australia.
Title: Senior Network SME
Type: Contract (6 months to start with, may extend)
Purpose of the role:
The Senior Network SME position is a key role within the Global IT Operations organization to support the ever growing products and services provided by us globally. The role of the IT Shared Service is to be the provider of end-to-end support to our user base worldwide, thus the high level of expertise required to ensure the Global IT Operations is fully self sufficient.
The primary focus of this role is to provide technical leadership to the global network infrastructure design and planning specifically to support Project Layer that involves the migration of our call centre & telephony to the cloud. Sr Network SME will take an enterprise view in architecting infrastructure to ensure fit-for-purpose, robustness and cost effectiveness.
- Overall responsibility for the company's network designs and network installations
- Coordinate and manage activities of the company's engineering team and oversee programs to train and manage network engineering resources and other third-party service provider.
- Primary interface responsible for network related services carried out by the company's service providers
- Monitor vendor compliance with SLA's and other commitments, and provide management reports and other qualitative data to measure the effectiveness of service provided
- Understand and communicate company's networking design and implementation standards to assure accurate service delivery to be delivered by service provider as required
- Develop organizational structure and ongoing workflows to deliver/maintain rigorous networking standards and practices across the engineering staff and the company
- Work closely with the assigned engineering staff to develop each team member in their assigned role
- Coordinate solutions and necessary escalations with vendors and network engineer for service delivery issues
- Actively contribute to improve and map LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP processes within ITIL framework
- Understand complex LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP integration with WAN, LAN, Wireless, VoIP customer network.
- Work with Business Units, Development team, and IT Infrastructure team members to ensure overall performance meets/exceeds service level objectives
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in network solutioning role in global distributed organization with global WAN design, SDWAN and in particular experience with moving away from MPLS to global WAN
- Industry Technical Certifications are required: CCNP, CCDP or CCIE and CCVP and CCNA Wireless, CWNA or CWNP, experience with Microsoft, Linux, Networking
- Excellent knowledge on Legacy LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP technology, (Cisco Router, Cisco Switch, Cisco Wireless, Cisco VoIP, Cisco ISE, Cisco ASA Firewall, Checkpoint Firewall, Juniper Pulse Secure, RSA, etc.)
- Excellent protocol skills: (BGP,OSPF, EIGRP, IPSec, RSVP, VTP, VLAN, STP, QoS, TCP/IP, IP Address, Frame Relay, HSRP, VRRP, NAT, ACL , H323, RTP, RTCP, cRTP, sRTP, etc. )
- Strong LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP Tools: SolarWinds, SCOM, Sitescope, etc.
- Strong Networking skills: Linux, Router, Switch L2, Switch L3, Wireless, VoIP
- Familiar with WAN optimization and application compression technology. Eg. Riverbed Steelhead
- Familiar with accreditation, certification, and compliance requirements such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials, PCIDSS etc.
- The right person will have gone through the ranks of an operations group supporting global organization on a 24-7-365 basis.
- Proven track record in maintaining and enhancing skill(s) level(s) according to future technology trends
- Proven track record in managing multiple escalations with effective follow-up/follow-through
Contact: 02 9412 4178 for more details.