AYAN InfoTech is looking for Software Asset Management Analyst to join an exciting project based in Sydney. The role offers you the opportunity to contribute towards an extremely well structured and mature environment, working on sophisticated enhancement projects.
Role: Software Asset Management Analyst
Contract Duration: 6 Months with high possible extensions
Experience: 7+ Years
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good Understanding of Asset Management Procedure including Software Asset Management, Hardware Asset Management and CMDB
- Should be able to manage/Lead customer discussion
- Coordinate initial identification of CIs all infrastructure and application service teams
- Ensure the Process, procedures, work instructions and tools are up to date
- Perform check on in scope software to verify, if software title can be used according to the software license provisions within Client's environment and approved by client organization.
- Raise concerns in case of doubts to allow client to receive legal advice.
- Verify if software license is available or if downgrade is possible (pooling process).
- Ensure reuse of the software license if applicable (pooling process) for the software titles in scope for compliance services
- Check the license availability for the requestor per request and verify if Software license is needed
- Inform Client that a procurement requisition for the license for requestor in case software license and maintenance are missing or needed.
- Assign user, devices, or servers to the license and store the information in software asset management tool.
- Verify the usage or requirement of the license with end-user or other representative on yearly basis or less based on defined and agreed processes
- Deallocate or swap the license per defined agreed process and update software asset management tool accordingly
- Manage Software Manufacturer portals to download, or assign license keys or license certificates to users, devices or servers provided the access have been granted access.
- Follow up on requests and orders with client based on the agreed processes.
- Track and process all software requests and orders with relevant and agreed details within Client's tool.
- Store relevant data in agreed format related to software licenses and contracts obtained by the process in Client's tool.
- SAM Analyst to work within Client's Software Asset Management tool, manage software requests, manage assignment of software licenses, (including if a user has changed departments) and ensure license compliance where the installation of the software, or enablement of a subscription demonstrates the consumption of a license i.e. software entitlements.
- Ensuring that up to date records are kept for software that are not subject to license compliance, i.e. freeware, software drives and software used as middleware i.e. Oracle Java.
- Support any internal and external audits
- Provides consultancy on the following topics:
- Optimization potentials of the license spent
- SAM Analyst to proactively informs Governance and Client about the compliance issue if any.
- Create and maintain Software Lifecycle information in Client's tool and notify Client when a specific version of a software within Client's portfolio is approaching end of life including the coordinated removal of the software from the estate.
- SAM Analyst shall support Client with respect to software retirement process and identify software that are still in use once the process has been completed.
Please note we will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates for this role. We thank you in advance for your interest.