Ayan Infotech has an immediate need for a SQL DBA with strong Azure data migration experience to take up an initial 3-month contract in North Sydney; work from home can be provided given the COVID19 situation.
The person in this role will be the technical lead responsible for the database aspects of migrating SQL Server applications to Microsoft Azure. This hands-on role will be working as part of the migration team performing database migrations and application remediation. Performing performance tuning on existing databases migrated to the Azure cloud will be a key requirement. The ability to work independently, solid technical skills, and strong attention to detail are essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS database solutions, particularly Azure SQL Database, SQL Database Managed Instance, and Azure Database Migration Service is required.
- Experience as a SQL server DBA including performance monitoring and performance tuning of existing databases is required.
- Experience as an Oracle DBA (12c or greater) performing common tasks including performance monitoring, creating databases, database backup would be desirable.
- Experience with designing and implementing Oracle 12c database infrastructure, including Data Guard, database backup and restore. Experience running Oracle on Azure would be highly valued.
- Linux experience, ideally Red Hat Enterprise Linux, would be desirable.
- Experience with database migration projects (e.g. version upgrades, consolidation) and data centre migration projects.
- Previous experience with Azure Monitor and Log Analytics is desirable.
- Experience in an enterprise IT environment, including with ITIL change control and creating application and infrastructure documentation is desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Attractive rate is on offer.
If interested, click the 'APPLY NOW' button or email your CV.
Contact - 02 9844 8107