Ayan Infotech has an unique and exciting permanent opportunity for a Sybase Senior Support Engineer to work on a pure remote basis in any location across Australia providing high level Sybase support to various global accounts.
The role of the Sr. Support Engineer Sybase is to provide exceptional remote-based support for complex client environments on Oracle technology including Sybase ASE, Replication Server and IQ as well associated UNIX Administration as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting issues and support of architectural & performance related improvements for multiple SAP Sybase technology platforms. The role of the Sr. Support Engineer Sybase requires the expertise and skills to debug, correctly diagnose & resolve serious issues for complex, integrated platforms in a timely manner. Many of these environments will be configured for high availability, or high volume mission critical applications.
- An expert level Database Administrator, with a strong primary skill-set in Sybase ASE and Replication Server. IQ and ECDA skills are desirable but optional.
- Customer-focused with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to trouble-shoot complex database problems in a complex support environment
- Experience with perl and/or shell scripting
- Strong Windows, RedHat Linux and/or Solaris skills
- knowledge of Sybase ASE 12 through to 16
- knowledge of Sybase Replication Server 15.7 and 16.0.
You will also possess experience in at least one of the following:
- knowledge of Sybase MDA tables
- knowledge of Sybase replication server counters/monitoring
- knowledge of Sybase MSA replication
- knowledge of ASEMon for Sybase
- knowledge of Sybase Replication Data Assurance
- knowledge of Sybase IQ or ECDA.
- 10 + years relevant DBA experience
- 5 + years direct support of diversified implementations of multiple Sybase products in a corporate environment.
- 5 + years experience working as a support engineer in a similar organisation.
- Solid understanding of architectural design, deployment, capacity planning
- Able to communicate fluently English is required
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients.
- Good knowledge of Weblogic Server administration, application deployment, performance tuning or SOA applications.
- Good verbal and good written English communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations.
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Above market salary is on offer as well as an attractive bonus scheme and other perks.
If interested, click the 'APPLY NOW' button or email your CV.
Contact - 02 9411 8794