Role: Windows and VMware Implementation
Mode of Employment: 6 - 12 Months contract
- Seeking seasoned professional with solid experience in designing, planning and deploy large DC builds.
- Strong expertise and experience in ESXi, vSAN, VMWare SRM, DRS, Physical server hosting, Windows OS builds.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of virtualization management and monitoring tools such as vCenter, vROps.
- Hands-on in scripting and automation using PowerShell, Python and other languages.
- Proven experience and track record server architecture, compute, Dell/HP blades.
- Experience in Windows server OS builds, server hardening, setting up security and server policies.
- Familiar with storage solutions like SAN & NAS
- Extensive hands on experience in server OS upgrades, migration of servers from physical to virtualization stack.
- Experienced in working with migration tools like Zerto.
- Work with other Infra teams like storage, backup, network and security to articulate the requirements for the windows server build and migration.
- Experienced in drafting migration workbooks, run sheets and walking through them with relevant stakeholders and obtain all the approvals.
- Well versed in creation of cutover plans, capture critical activities for smooth cutover.
- Experienced in identifying any configuration issues that could impact cutover or migration activities and have the ability to perform gap analysis.
- Familiar with DC concepts, DC operations process and liaison with different teams that manage DC.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers and lead technical delivery.